Tuesday, August 26, 2008

San Francisco & Monterey

I just snagged my mom's camera with all the good pics of our weekend away in San Francisco & Monterey. Somehow we only ended up with 2 pictures on our camera....hmm...I wonder if that has something to do with chasing a toddler around.

We went with the Grandparents to S.F. to meet up with one of my mom's good friends and check out a craft fair. "Craft fair" is a horrible name for the event, it was really full of amazing and creative art work. Nolan got to take a ride on a trolley for the first time. He was pretty scared at how loud it was at first, but in typical Joyce family fashion...we kept on until he loved it. We also ate at an amazing restaurant in Chinatown. Let me tell ya, it pays to go with people who know where to go! Dim Sum Yum!

We made our way into Monterey...eventually. The hotel we reserved overbooked and left us with nowhere to go at 11:00 at night with 4 adults and 1 baby. All of Monterey was sold out, well almost, there was that one room with only one bed at the Hilton going for $500. We booked the last room at the Best Western in Marina for twice the going rate, but heck...two beds and still cheaper than the Hilton.



Let me just say, I felt like such a huge kid at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was amazing! I didn't want to leave and I couldn't believe how kid friendly it was. Half of the 2nd floor was like a toddler Mecca; there were tunnels with fish tanks embedded in the walls for Nolan to crawl through, sea creature costumes he dressed up in, a slide to play on, a bunch of water tubs with boats, a trampoline that was kind of like a water bed and open tanks that he could touch starfish and a bunch of other weird stuff. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place!



Nolan going down the slide in his Seahorse costume.

Nolan touching starfish in the "touch pools".

Cool Jellyfish displays going on there right now.



Dinner. Okay, I have to say...I did not do this to my child, he did it to himself! Like most meals, Nolan got a sampling of every one's plate for dinner. Well, he decided to throw sardines, anchovies, tomato, and garlic bread in one pile and then heap clam chowder all over and take huge bites of it and then show us his tummy. The whole experience was a bit frightening.

No comments: