Monday, September 22, 2008

Girls Gone Sideways


Getting "Sideways" at Kalyra winery.

This weekend I left the boys on their own while I went on a trip to Santa Barbara for my best friend's bachlorette party. It was a glorious 46 hours of no diaper duty! It was a totally eclectic blend of personalities and stages of life. We had "no plans to get married" a few "just married" and of course the "I'm getting married" guest of honor. We had staunch Republicans, Republican-Libertarians, Democrats and Un-Declared. We had hard core adventurist, triathletes and "I'm not walking that far again". I filled in the stay-at-home mom niche. Despite all the differences, we all got along so well and had a blast.....especially after we agreed to stop talking politics after breakfast. Instead, the conversation kept returning to "broken vaginas". Don't ask!


Jessica, Natasha - Bride-to-be, Me, Dawn, Molly and Jenny at Blackjack Winery.


Rideau Winery


Natasha acting sober while she paints away at Artiste winery.


Molly painting with her teeth.


Bride - To -Be : Princess Natasha


Jenny, 7 months pregnant, boozing it up at our last winery (but not really).

After our day of wine tasting, we went to dinner at Ca' Dario and then out clubbing. That's when we got all the truly scandalous pictures, unfortunately not on my camera. I'm sure if you go to TheDirty.com or GirlsGoneWild.com you might get a glimpse of Natasha up on the Go-Go Dancer stage with the very nearly naked go-go dancer. We only got as far as Wildcat before Natasha ended up in the bathroom and then back to the hotel.

Martin and Nolan did great together and had some good male bonding time. Even though I had a great time over the weekend, I missed them both and I was so happy to be home.

No comments: