Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Brenden Turns 9


For Brenden's Birthday my sister planned a trip out to Morro Bay for a boat ride in a glass-bottom boat. Unfortunately, she failed to tell me about the departure time until 20 minutes till we had to leave. So in a manic rush I got Nolan & I ready for a cold and rainy day in Morro Bay. (Note to self...dress baby in layers FIRST and then dress self in layers. I was so hot & sweaty by the time I finished dressing Nolan I thought I was going to pass out.)
After a hurried 1 hour drive to Morro Bay, we arrived at the boat docks to find that they were closed. The tour company had left a very detailed message on their answering machine regarding their hours, stressing that "we are opened EVERY day". It seems that they close if there is a storm on the way but regularly fail to inform any customers of this little fact. My sister left a very nasty message for them. Instead we visited the Morro Bay Aquarium, fed the seals and shopped. It all worked out in the end.

No comments: