Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Nolan!


Today is Nolan's 1st Birthday, or as my friend Elaine says..."His first trip around the sun". This month has been a very weepy month for me as I come to terms with the fact that my baby is not so baby anymore. He is growing up so fast and in turn so am I. It is amazing to see him coming into his own and to see the special little person that he is. He is not some blank slate that I am writing a story on, he is his own person with his own story and he tells me a little bit of that story with every passing day. I have such a jumble of emotions when he tells me his story. I feel like a little kid wanting to read the same part of the book over and over again because I know how much I love it. I am reluctant to turn the page knowing that we wont go back to it once we move forward. But then, as the story continues, each new part is unimaginably more exciting than the last part and I am stuck all over again wanting to stay on this new page. Happy Birthday Nolan and thank you for letting me be a main character in your story.

No comments: