Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thump Thump - Thump Thump

Well, this is just a tad bit anti-climactic since EVERYONE knows but.... We're Pregnant! We were originally going to wait until we heard the heartbeat to announce it to the world but my belly announced it first. Let me tell ya, these stomach muscles have memory! It just came pooching right out. It worked out better that way since we didn't hear Baby F Part 2's heartbeat until Monday and I would have never been able to keep it a secret for that long.

I am due on April 4, 2009, just 5 days after Nolan's 2nd birthday. So far this pregnancy has been completely different. I feel nauseous, tired and totally emotional. The general consensus is that it must be a girl. We'll see.... Unlike the first time, this time we are planning to find out the sex of the baby. Murphy's law says Baby F will have it's legs crossed just because we want to know.

I'm now officially in the second trimester and feeling much better. I'm back to my regular swimming and hiking routine although the mountain bike tires have come off my bike and have been replaced with slicks for road riding. I still holding on to the hope that I may get just a few more mountain bike rides in before I have to hang Stumpy up for a year plus. (Yes, I did name my mountain bike...does anyone have a problem with that!?) So so sad! Good thing babies are so worth it!

P.S. Picture is not of my belly, it's just a very cool picture that I found.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please tell me you are not seriously going mountain biking pregnant... you could fall you know. I'm not one to be a wuss when pregnant but please, keep your feet on the ground.

Michelle said...

My mountain biking has been severely restricted to Poly Canyon which equals big dirt fire road. Besides, the mtn tires are off the bike and I seriously doubt they'll go back on until several months after delivery. But I'm still sad about it :-( I am now taking spin classes at the gym but it's just not the same.