Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's Potty Time!




I have so much to post about our most recent vacation but I couldn't resist posting about Nolan's Potty Training first. He has quite a few friends that are ahead of the curve and almost 100% potty trained so he declared at the last play group, "I DO THAT TO!"

Hmm, I wasn't really sure I was ready for this so I watched a little Dr. Phil, read a Parenting Magazine article and followed my friends lead. This is the result:

*Potties everywhere - in the bathroom, in the living room, outside, in the car.

*Naked Nolan - lots & lots of naked Nolan

*Rewards (I'm not admitting to bribes) - 1 jellybean for #1, 2 jellybeans for #2, he gets to call a dinosaur on the phone, a sticker for his potty chart - and when all 16 boxes are full he gets to watch a movie of his choice...usually Dinosaur

All in all it is going really good. We are on day 5 and he went the first 2 days with no accidents. On day 3 he experimented with peeing around the house. He came out of his room one time with both hands in the air and said, "Stop Mommy! Don't go in my room." Sure enough, he had peed on the floor. He does better naked than when he has underwear and better with underwear than with Pull-ups. So I'm not quite sure how long we can or should keep up with the Naked Nolan.

A special THANK YOU to all my friends who have accomidated Nolan with his dinosaur phone call reward. We really appreciate the time you have spend growling "Good job going on the potty, Nolan" and roaring like a T-Rex.

No comments: