Monday, July 5, 2010

The British Are Coming, The British Are Coming! Oh Wait, He's Here.


Yesterday was the Fourth of July and we celebrated it with the usual array of firecrackers, BBQ & beer. The neighborhood block party was a blast. All the kids had a blast jumping in the bounce house, eating way too many American flag decorated cupcakes and launching their own safe & sane firecrackers. Even little Gabrielle was in awe of the firecrakers, clapping her hands, laughing and pointing every time they went off. When all the festivities had died down and I was getting Nolan ready for bed I realized that I had not explained to Nolan what the 4th of July is truly all about. So after I explained it to him he went into a full fledged meltdown ... and I quote, " Noooooooooo! I want England to be in charge of America! I want England to be in charge of the world!" Sweetheart, they tried ... they really tried. He was inconsolible and literally cried himself to sleep. My poor little Englishman.

No comments: