Friday, February 1, 2008

All Words Begin With B...

I've been a bit apprehensive to tell people that Nolan is talking, considering he just turned 10 months a few days ago, but I've gotten enough confirmation from other people that I am fairly certain that I'm not making this stuff up. His favorite words all start with B and this seems to be his regular vocabulary at this point:

1. Ball - This was his 1st word after Ma-ma & Da-da. He uses it accurately and loves all balls.
2. Boof - This is what a dog says. (Translation: Woof) He uses it when he sees or hears his dogs or any dog for that matter.
3. Boooooo - This is what a cow says. (Translation: Moo) I unknowingly passed a stuffed animal cow in a store and could not figure out why he was suddenly "mooing" frantically out of the blue until I turned around and saw the cow he was pointing to.
4. Bye-Bye - Usually accompanied by him opening and closing his hand, palm facing in instead of out - very cute.
5. Blue - We tried explaining to him the building block he was holding was the color blue but now if we ask him what color something is he says "blue" regardless of the actual color.

Not so regular vocabulary:
1. Ny-Ny - Translation: Night Night. He was in a very silly mood one night and refused to go to bed. I was trying everything, including lying down next to his crib. He responded by putting his binky in my mouth and saying, "Ny-Ny" to me.
2. Bree - Translation: Tree. Sometimes I'm positive that he's pointing to the tree and calling it "bree" and othertimes I'm not so sure. The jury's still out on this one.
3. Button - He has the "B" down and the correct syllable sounds down but it still sounds like jibberish to anyone else but a mommy's ears.

No comments: