Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Friday Feb.15 was my 31st birthday and for the first time in a very long time I feel so satisfied with where I am in my life. I have a loving husband, a beautiful and healthy son and I just got the best job promotion ever - motherhood. I feel truly happy!

As a birthday present to myself I had my neighbors signed on to babysit Nolan while I went mountain biking with a group I recently joined. Unfortunatly, I received a phone call the night before letting me know the ride had been canceled. I'm always so nervous about mountain biking alone so I decided to just do a quick ride up Madonna since it was probably the safest ride I could go on. When I got back the whole neighborhood was out and all the kids were playing together. It was sooo cute!

Over the weekend my Aunt Dana came up to visit us. This was the first time she had met Nolan and gushed over him like a good aunt should! My parents treated us to Sunday Brunch at Lido's, I had been dying to try them and they totally lived up to their reputation.


After brunch we all thought it would be a good idea to burn some of it off so we packed up the bikes and headed out to Bob Jone's Trail. I had never in my life seen it so packed, it was literaly swarming with people. Nolan tried out riding on the back of our neighbor's bike (Thanks Steve!) and seemed to handle it just fine. We weren't sure how he'd take to it so I had the bright idea of running with the stroller while everyone rode on their bikes just in case Nolan freaked out. OMG - now I run every once in a while with our dogs but CRAP, never at biking pace for 5 miles after Sunday brunch! Let's just say I got my workout in and I didn't feel one ounce of guilt for anything I ate that day.

I ran ahead to get this shot so excuse its crappiness, I was trying to breathe.

No comments: