Monday, May 5, 2008

It Doesn't Hurt To TRI HUH?! ?!@#

Wildflower 2008 I Did It ! WOO HOO!
Results of the Mountain Bike Triathlon:
  • Overall Time: 1hr 19min 20sec.; Swim: 8:02 Bike: 47:38 Run: 16:43
  • Overal Rank: 310th place
  • Age Rank: 12th place
I was really happy with how the race went, it was my best time ever! I shaved 5 minutes off my 2006 pre-baby time even though I crashed on the bike. I don't know if my time was so good because I crashed & was really motivated to make it up or if I would have an amazing time if I hadn't crashed. In the back of my head I was thinking that it would have been really cool to make top ten in my age division and I missed it by 63 seconds! Oh well, just something to keep aiming for.



People always wonder... "Why do you like to do triathlons?" There are two very simple answers to that.
I TRI because ..... #1 I like to have my cake and eat it too #2 because I can.
If you've ever wondered what it's like to do a Triathlon, here's a glimpse of what runs through my brain:

Swim

(I'm probably just coming up on the big orange triangle at the turn around point in the water)
  • "Swim like a shark, not like a guppy. Swim like shark, not like a guppy. Swim like a shark, not like a guppy."
  • stroke, stroke, breathe; "I'm still at the dock?!" stroke, stroke, breathe; "Why is the dock still there?!" stroke, stroke breathe; "Dock..still..there! Go away already!"
  • If I pee in my wetsuit will it warm me up? Damn cold water, too cold to even pee!

Bike

(There I am trying to squeeze in between the two bikers.)

Volunteers: "Slow down, sharp turn ahead. Loose dirt. Slow down!"

Michelle: Slow down? This is a race! This is where I'm going to take all ya'll down ....Auggghhh. CRASH!

Run:

(I'm in the blue hat; Martin was juggling Nolan & the camera so he got some really good shots of the girl in black, oh well.)

Must finish, must be done, MUST find BATHROOM!

Last 1/4 mile: I actually wanted to do this? What was I thinking?! I need help, serious therapy if I thought this was a good idea!

Finish Line

That wasn't so bad. I should have sprinted that end! I wonder if it's too late to sign up for the San Luis Triathlon?

Me, Jonna, Scott, Teresa, Kristen

Note the Medical Tent in background and the bandage around my arm.

Also note that Jonna is a super cool friend for not being angry with me for taking her down when I crashed AND superwoman pulled me and my bike off the course as a wave of mountain bikers were ready to run me over and my calves were cramping up! JONNA IS AWESOME!

Also note Bud Light can is Jonna's, Scott's, and Kristen's hand! Is Scott holding two!?

No comments: